June 8, 2017
Today on The Broad Perspective join host, Vivian Komori, Greg Barnes and Laura Feliz as the talk about:
Robotics and Artificial Intelligence.
How does Basic Income play into a Technocratic Government?
Technocracy is a system of governance where decision-makers are selected on the basis of technological knowledge. Scientists, engineers, technologists, or experts in any field, would compose the governing body, instead of elected representatives. Leadership skills would be selected on the basis of specialized knowledge and performance, rather than parliamentary skills. Technocracy in that sense of the word is mostly hypothetical.
The discussion does not take into account the historical precedence of the Earlier Technocratic movement but looks at what Technology means today going forward.
June 1, 2017
This Friday on The Broad Perspective join host Vivian Komori, Greg Barnes and Laura Feliz and they chat with local author:
Darlene Pryor author: Dreams of Tamar
A tale of Rejection. Redemption. Restoration and Faith
Followed by a discussion about:
the Federal Reserve.
Why is it important to understand the relevance of this institution and what it means to our daily existence.
(Hint: it's a lot!)
Darlene Pryor was born in the Panama Canal Zone, but as part of a military family, she lived in both Alabama and Germany while growing up..
She has a bachelor's degree in corrections and a master's in public administration.
May 4, 2017
This Friday at 11 am PST on the Broad Perspective join host, Vivian Komori, and Greg Barnes as they discuss:
Robots Won't Care about Climate Change
"By 2020 all jobs that pay less than $20 per hour will be filled by robots" - Market Watch
Think tanks and Agenda 21 (Agenda 30)
Agenda 21 is a non-binding, voluntarily implemented action plan of the United Nations with regard to sustainable development
Geo Engineering / Solar radiation management
April 27, 2017
This week on The Broad Perspective join host, Vivian Komori, Greg Barnes and Laura Feliz as they discuss:
The Dark Secret of AI (Artificial Intelligence) and Economic Systems
4 Types of Economic Systems
Capitalism or Private Enterprise Economy
Mixed Economy or Government and Private Sector
The dark secret at the heart of artificial intelligence that no one really understands.
"The computers that run those services have programmed themselves, and they have done it in ways we cannot understand.
Even the engineers who build these apps cannot fully explain their behavior." -MIT Technology Review
April 18, 2017
This week on The Broad Perspective join host Vivian Komori, Greg Barnes and Laura Feliz ad they discuss:
Are the skies still friendly?
The United Airlines debacle
How has the common usage of cameras and surveillance changed things?
Internet Addictions and Willpower
President Trump says the dollar is overvalued. Is it?
Quantitative easing. Is it time?
April 12, 2017
This Friday on The Broad Perspective join host, Vivian Komori, Greg Barnes and Laura Feliz as the discuss:
Beyond the Red Line
- What is happening between the US and Syria?
- What benefit would there be to Assad bombing his own people?
- Does the air strike strengthen terrorism?
- Who makes money from conflict/war?
The Federal Reserve
What do they mean by "unwinding the balance sheets"?
Stop Flow Effect
April 5, 2017
This Friday join host Vivian Komori, Greg Barnes and Laura Feliz as they discuss:
Don't hit your head on the debt ceiling!
- The Bi-partisan Budget Act Ended March 15th, 2017
- What decision, if any, was made?
- What is the role of the Federal Reserve?
What emergency measures are put in place?
- Minimize debt
- Suspend sale of securities (govt.)
- Money to states and cities suspended?
- Win-Win or Lose-Lose?
- 1/3 of US malls at risk
- Dwindling Inventory and lackluster sales
- Current bankruptcies
March 29, 2017
Genes, Bullets and Bonds
- Current bill before congress allows employers to request genetic testing.
- How will this impact employers/employees?
"The Russians Have Won the Arms Race" - the Washington Spectator
- Is another cold war arms race underfoot?
- What are we willing to sacrifice?
- The Federal Raised the interest rate .25% again.
- What are the pros and cons?
- What is the impact on Home Loans? Savings? Cars?
- How does this impact the bond market?
March 22, 2017
This on The Broad Perspective join host, Vivian Komori and Greg Barnes as they discuss:
Is Technology the New God?
- Boston Dynamics
- WikiLeaks and Vault 7
- HAARP (High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program) is back on line.
- The GDP
- The Federal Reserve Raising rates (what does that mean?)
- The Bond Market is 5x bigger than the stock market
- What happened with March 15th debt ceiling deadline?