April 27, 2017
This week on The Broad Perspective join host, Vivian Komori, Greg Barnes and Laura Feliz as they discuss:
The Dark Secret of AI (Artificial Intelligence) and Economic Systems
4 Types of Economic Systems
Capitalism or Private Enterprise Economy
Mixed Economy or Government and Private Sector
The dark secret at the heart of artificial intelligence that no one really understands.
"The computers that run those services have programmed themselves, and they have done it in ways we cannot understand.
Even the engineers who build these apps cannot fully explain their behavior." -MIT Technology Review
April 18, 2017
This week on The Broad Perspective join host Vivian Komori, Greg Barnes and Laura Feliz ad they discuss:
Are the skies still friendly?
The United Airlines debacle
How has the common usage of cameras and surveillance changed things?
Internet Addictions and Willpower
President Trump says the dollar is overvalued. Is it?
Quantitative easing. Is it time?
April 12, 2017
This Friday on The Broad Perspective join host, Vivian Komori, Greg Barnes and Laura Feliz as the discuss:
Beyond the Red Line
- What is happening between the US and Syria?
- What benefit would there be to Assad bombing his own people?
- Does the air strike strengthen terrorism?
- Who makes money from conflict/war?
The Federal Reserve
What do they mean by "unwinding the balance sheets"?
Stop Flow Effect
April 5, 2017
This Friday join host Vivian Komori, Greg Barnes and Laura Feliz as they discuss:
Don't hit your head on the debt ceiling!
- The Bi-partisan Budget Act Ended March 15th, 2017
- What decision, if any, was made?
- What is the role of the Federal Reserve?
What emergency measures are put in place?
- Minimize debt
- Suspend sale of securities (govt.)
- Money to states and cities suspended?
- Win-Win or Lose-Lose?
- 1/3 of US malls at risk
- Dwindling Inventory and lackluster sales
- Current bankruptcies